Wednesday 12 November 2014

Tom Lefroy Quote of the Week 44

The past few weeks I have been having some difficulties at work, sometimes the injustice of working very hard with little recognition just becomes too much. I saw this quote from page 195 of Tom Lefroy's memoir and it seemed to summarise my feelings quite closely:



"Although the distaste for political life which led to his at first declining the representation of the university still continued, it never prevented his entering with individual interest and zeal into the duties of his post"


I think that sometimes even with the distaste for aspects of our jobs it should not cause us to let ourselves down, we should be proud to exhibit drive and commitment even in adversity. I feel grateful for the reminder.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true. I definitely relate to the stress at work and this quote is so accurate.

Also you should check out my Jane Austen Blog! http://fangirlsguidetojaneausten.wordpress.com/2014/11/14/artifacts-from-the-fandom/

Icha said...

apologies for the late comment, Rachel, but this one is beautiful. Thanks a lot for reminding us abt persistence and passion.