Tuesday 29 January 2013

Pride and Prejudice 200 Years Old Today

Today is the bicentenary of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice which was first published on 28 January 1813 by Thomas Egerton of London.

It is often regarded as one of the most popular novels of classic literature and so I think it deserves a special post to celebrate its brilliance.

The Telegraph newspaper have posted a quiz found at the link below. How well do you know Pride and Prejudice?? Comments welcome.





Pic: Mr Darcy and Elizabeth

5 comments:

Lady Disdain said...

Fun quiz, but I thought there'd be a far more 'tricky' questions for us die-hard Austenites. The only one close to being tricky was 'whose cousin is ridiculous etc'.

And the movie questions seem like a cheat. I got them right, but knowing when Olivier's film came out doesn't really measure how well you know the story does it?

Also, long live Austen! And your site :D

bilbo said...

Keep up your charming posts, Ladies. I haven't contributed any comments for a while, but I have been looking in regularly. I did manage to score 100% on the Telegraph P&P quiz, despite not being a fan of Pemberley murder mysteries. I hope that means I can continue to regard myself as a true Janeite.

mamma jakeline said...

Scored a perfect 100% :)

Icha said...

Hmpf, I missed the last one, hence 92%!

But thanks a lot for the fun, and the post Rachel!

And hi Bilbo! Nice seeing you here again!

Linda Fern said...

Well, I missed 2 and got 83%. Not too bad since it has been a few years since I read it.

Yrs aff'ly,
Linda the Librarian