Monday 12 November 2012

Jane Austen Quote of the Week 212

I know I have a tendency towards quotes from Northanger Abbey but I have yet another this week.

My mum and I went on a wonderful walk today at Bateman's, the home of Rudyard Kipling. I found out on my visit that Jane Austen was his favourite author which was a wonderful surprise. It was a very special day and I wanted to use a quote from chapter 22 of the novel:

"A mother would have been always present. A mother would have been a constant friend; her influence would have been beyond all other."

A simple yet effective quote. I appreciate that I am very lucky and I wanted to acknowledge that today.


Pic: a mother's love

1 comment:

Icha said...

Rachel, thank you so much for the beautiful quote! We rarely celebrate motherly love here, don't we? We should do that more often...