Sunday 30 September 2012

Tom Lefroy Quote of the Week 24

This weeks quote is from chapter XII, page 370 of Tom Lefroy's memoir.

"I feel that any memorial of him would be wanting which omitted to notice his unalterable cheerfulness under the little every-day crosses of life. Though the shadow of a cloud might flit past, it seemed as if it could never long obscure the sunshine of his temper or his countenance. If a wet day interfered with some cherished plan for a holiday excursion (and he retained to the very last an almost childlike enjoyment of such occasions) we were sure soon to hear some such remark as "well, only think of the good this gracious rain will do in the country," or "Really when I come to think of it, 'tis a decided advantage to me to have the day at home."

What a wonderful way to be remembered!



2 comments:

Icha said...

Linda had a technical problem posting her comment, so this is her comment I post here:

Goodness, I really needed to be reminded of such a lovely attitude in the face of our daily difficulties/problems. You have brightened my day! Thanks for sharing.

Yrs aff'ly,
Linda the Librarian,

Icha said...

I agree. A beautiful quote, Rachel. Thanks a lot!