Tuesday 7 June 2011

James McAvoy as Prof Charles Xavier


For you fine ladies and gents who do not dabble in science fiction literature, this post may not be for you. But I'd like to put it here for it talks about our dearest James McAvoy who had excellently portrayed Tom Lefroy (albeit a different version of the real one) in Becoming Jane 2007.

James McAvoy recently played the lead actor of X-Men: First Class and I saw his performance last night. And I remembered once again why I fell in love with his Tom Lefroy. Suffice to say that JMA is really a smart actor, able of expressing various emotional ranges in immediate successions, and very charming as well. Needless to say that his Scottish-turned-British accent was very soothing for my ears.

I recommend X-Men: First Class for you who misses JMA and wants to see him in a big screen again. I avoided him in Wanted because it was too action-packed for me. But X-Men: First Class was different, for it explores a wide variety of human emotions, the notion of being different and how one finds one's place on Earth despite (or because of) his/her uniqueness.

For those who have seen X-Men trilogy and wonder how JMA portrayed the young telepathic professor, you can read this interview. His explanations remind me of the role

Pic: Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender), best friends who later became enemies

2 comments:

mamma jakeline said...

I am so looking foward to see his performance. Not that I'm really getting to go to a cinema anytime soon though... :P I'll just have to wait until it gets out on dvd I guess. I really like all of the X-men films! :)

I have not forgotten to make a calender for June, I've just not gotten around to do it yet. :P

have a great day!
xoxo Maria in Sweden

Icha said...

Thanks a lot Maria for the calendar! And my apologies for the late 'approval' for your comments. I've been rather engaged in my thesis lately :-(